As an entrepreneur or IT head, if the thoughts of finding the right VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting service provider are keeping you in dilemma- read on. Get the helpful tips discussed in detail to help you select right VPS hosting service provider.
1) Platform: While searching for a VPS service provider, you need to dig deeper about the technology and platform they are deploying. Platforms such as VMware offer advanced virtualization management for the servers and provides you with features like fault tolerance, advance storage management and scalability. The virtualization services of several VPS solution providers such as Spectranet are based on the VMware platform.
2) RAM or Server’s Memory Capacity: It is the key feature of any VPS hosting service. The performance of a hosting service depends on the RAM the server is supporting. From efficiency of a server to the speed and power consumption, everything comes down to the memory capacity. For instance, you will need 512 MB RAM to run cPanel and Plesk smoothly on VPS for a single website. But just in case, if you are running multiple website operation with heavy traffic, you are going to need higher RAM up to 2 GB or even more depending upon the application. The other thing you need to emphasize upon is - Burstable or Backup RAM. It is often quoted on standard memory. This ‘holds’ your website in the times of sudden traffic ‘fluctuations’.
3) Flexibility: Any VPS hosting plan should be customizable so that you can modify the specifications whenever there is a surge or dip in traffic. For instance, it does not make any sense to sign up for a 80 GB storage capacity on the server and 1000 GB data transfer, if 500 MB storage space and 5 GB monthly data transfer is all you need.
4) Server Control Panel: Generally, the VPS hosting plans come with Plesk or WHM and cPanel. These are the panels that provide you with automation for managing your websites and server daemons on the VPS and perform tasks such as managing domain hosting, debugging, content updates, creation and management of email accounts and troubleshooting. The control panel should be user friendly. It should make the daily management and update of the website streamlined and secure.
5) VPS Hosting Costs: If you consider your website as one of the most important revenue generation tools, this should be one of the last things on your checklist while looking for a suitable VPS hosting service provider. Money can be of utmost importance for businesses but signing papers on the ‘cheapest’ deals will only end in damages. Because chances are you may be getting only half of the features of a good VPS package and compromising on most important features such as 24/7 customer support, uptime and security.
6) Customer Support: Ask the service provider about its customer services before signing the deal. Here instead of fastest response, you should be stressing on quick resolution. It should be about the skills, knowledge and expertise levels of support staff so that you should go back and relax that your website is in safe hands. Your service provider should be able to provide you security and maximum uptimes by resolving the bugs so that when your customers are trying to reach you through your website, they could.
Hence, it is clear, that for a profitable deal and ensure the success of your online presence, you need to consider the above mentioned six points.
Protect Your Critical Loads With VMware Fault-Tolerance
In todayâ€™s 24/7 business world, downtime and server availability can be a companyâ€™s worst nightmare. However, the integrated features of vSphereâ€™s Fault Tolerance (FT) effectively eliminate any possibility of downtime
NetandHost - Quality, high performing and affordable VPS Hosting
Virtual Private Servers - Linux VPS Hosting and Windows VPS Hosting - Linux Virtual Private Server - Featured and reasonably priced Linux VPS Hosting Solutions from NetandHost, Chennai, India.
Go For a Professional SEO Company to Prosper in Online Business
Well-planned marketing and advertising solutions are the means to reach great heights in online business.
Upgrade to Microsoft Project 2010; Compelling Features Enhance Project Collaboration and Management
The new Microsoft Project 2010 make projects easier. The Project family builds on critical changes made in Microsoft Office Project 2007 and provides pathways for more complex project portfolios as your company's expertise evolves.