A virtual private server is an ideal hosting option for small or medium sized businesses, as it delivers a reasonable amount of control at a fairly low price. VPS hosting is a great choice for companies that want something more than shared hosting, but can't afford to buy their own dedicated server platform.
So, how does a VPS server work? It involves partitioning a computer to simulate several servers. Each of the simulated servers is just like a physical server, equipped with its own configurations and operating system. VPS hosting has come a long way over the years, and thanks to advancements in virtualization technology, it is now becoming more and more mainstream.
Here are some benefits of using virtual private servers:
• Cost-efficiency. This hosting solution is a lot cheaper than dedicated hosting. Since only one computer is required, providers are able to offer software, network connectivity, speed, and maintenance at a low price.
• Security and protection. A private server is much more secure than a shared server, since it runs in its own isolated environment. Thus, a webmaster doesn't have to worry about security issues caused by other users.
• Freedom. Users have the freedom to configure their server according to their own needs and specifications. They can manage the servers however they wish, and don't have to rely on the hosting provider.
• Guaranteed resources. Since no sharing is involved, each user has access to all the resources and space they need to run and expand their business. Webmasters receive more than enough allotments to fit their specific needs.
• Flexibility. Users can configure tools and use all the add-ons they want. They can also install their own applications, as they have root access and can interact with the server. A good VPS hosting provider will enable a variety of programming languages for users, such as Cold Fusion, ASP, PHP, etc.
• Organization. Each virtual server can be used for a specific purpose. For instance, one server could be used for emails, another one could be used for FTP, yet another one could be used for backup, and so forth. This makes it easy for webmasters to keep track of all of their applications.
• Simple modification. These servers can be modified easily. Providing that the hosting company is good and reliable, the servers are updated regularly to increase scalability for users. Resources can be increased or even decreased at anytime without affecting performance.
These are just some of the many benefits of VPS hosting. However, virtual servers aren't for everyone. A website that is performing decently on a shared server probably won't need the resources and tools provided by a VPS hosting server. On the other hand, a website that is outgrowing its shared environment should do well on a virtual private server.
With Microsoft DirectAccess, Who Needs VPN?
Do you ever need a file from the office computer, but you're on the train, at home or away from your desk? Wouldn't it be great to have immediate access to your data regardless of your location? This feature of Server 2008 R2, makes this possible.
VPS hosting: A great choice for Middle and Small Size Businesses
Virtual Private Servers have completely transformed the way small businesses are hosted online.
Install osCommerce Shopping Cart integrated with an SSL certificate
This stuff gives details to set up online shopping software, specially osCommerce, to work with dedicated SSL Certificate. SSL activation process is very important when you are using a shop cart on your website and you have an SSL Certificate becaus
The Benefits of Virtual Desktop as a Service Part Two
Beyond the fiscal benefits of virtual desktop as a service (DaaS) of which there are many, there are security and environmental advances that are desirable as well.